Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Sugar, spice, and everything nice


(Express crossbody and flats, Gap Factory Outlet dress, Urban Outfitters blazer, belt, arrow necklace, Old Navy rings, Forever 21 bow)

I bought this purse a couple weeks ago at Express, where I currently work. I was talking with my store manager after clocking in, and I literally stopped mid sentence and yelled "Oh my gosh!!!" while running over to the mannequin it was on. After that kind of reaction, I knew it was coming home with me. I just love the gold studs (gold is my favorite metal) and the chain detailing. Since the bag has such a rocker vibe, I wanted to pair it with something ultra feminine to let it really pop. Cue chiffon dress, sweet pearls, and girly bows. I played up the kind of retro vibe I was getting from my hair today with some red lips (Ulta lip crayon in Dynamite) and winged liquid eyeliner. The key here is everything doesn't have to match. They just have to work together. I have paired gold and silver, studs and chiffon, and a brown belt with black shoes. Rule #1: Throw out the rule book. Interesting is in the ironic.








Photography by Jenna Cramer

2 comments: