Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Accessorized to the maxi

Anthropologie dress, wedges, and cuff, American Eagle denim jacket, Forever 21 rose ring and triangle necklace (also seen here), Old Navy stackable rings, My Grammie's feather necklace, OPI Big Apple Red nail polish

First of all, I just want to give major props to Madison Leeseberg, the photographer who shot this look. The day we took these had to be like, the windiest day ever. Do you know how challenging it is to force a chiffon maxi dress to cooperate simultaneously with extremely thick hair on a windy day?! Well Madison definitely does! She handled the elements like a pro, and the shots turned out lovely (I especially love the one of the shoes!), not that we expected any less. Each dear friend of mine who has done me a favor by working with my perfectionism has been phenomenal, so thank you Madison, Jenna, & Sarah! You ladies make this all possible! xoxo

Onto the outfit, I love this maxi dress from Anthropologie that I got a couple years ago, but it can be a little formal by itself. I dressed it down by putting on a denim jacket. Since the maxi is very boho, and the queen of boho is Rachel Zoe (everything), I channeled her by layering on the gold accessories. I know people hold the misconception that you can't wear big earrings and long necklaces at the same time, but it's a rule to bend and maybe even break. Of course sometimes you only want one statement at a time, but isn't the point of the bohemian movement to be a free spirit? This works easily because the necklaces are more understated and simple shapes, while the earrings are louder, and the color pops are all shades of green. I love a good maxi-ed out accessories day... Breezy or not!

Also, thank you so much for all the support in H&M's 50 States of Fashion Contest! I've seriously been blown away and I am so grateful. With all your help I took the #1 spot in Illinois last night! I'm currently still #6 in the region, but I am up to #31 in the country! Crazy right?! Winners are based on region and the Midwest is dominating! So make sure to VOTE today by clicking on my image, then clicking on the heart that says "vote" when it shows up. Get your friends & family voting too! Other entrants have said you can vote everyday, although I'm not so sure that it's not only one vote per device. But keep trying because it certainly doesn't hurt anything! Get your friends & family voting too! Or people in Starbucks... randoms on the street... whoever! I believe in you! You can do it! Having the opportunity to go to NYC Fashion Week would be a dream come true!!! So VOTE!


 




Photography by Madison Leeseberg

No comments:

Post a Comment