Friday, November 22, 2013

Paper planes

Express Portofino shirt and earrings, Anthropologie skirt, booties, necklace, and cuff, Urban Outfitters bracelet, ring and midi rings, and Benefit Chacha tint lip stain 

So I know I've been pretty MIA here on the blog lately, but I promise I have a good reason.

My life has been in total transitional mode as I started a new job and I'm in the process of moving across state lines. For those keeping tabs, I left my darling Express store in Illinois and I am now pursuing a career in Indianapolis! Leaving my store family after two years at Express was pretty tough emotionally, and I miss them daily, but I must say I am thoroughly enjoying Indy so far. This job is very different from any other place I've worked, but I love the challenge and it's been fun getting to play with new styles and merchandise in a creative and fashion forward environment (like, can I go to #NYFW?), all while getting to meet new people and make new friends. (I'm talking to you, C.)

I haven't had a chance to fully embrace Indy yet, as I'm still a little gypsy and working on getting settled in, but I am looking forward to finding some new creative spaces, places, and inspiration. And I promise there are some new looks coming your way. But in the meantime, here's a look I shot before leaving the Windy City (and you can disregard the goose bumps, although I'm sure they're the first of many in this season's looks):


Orange is the new black. Just kidding, it's not, and I don't even typically love orange that much (and I've never watched the show), but you know I love something punny. The other thing I love is the print on this skirt. And the bow. And mint + orange. And these booties. Oh and this lip stain.

Mint + orange = yes. My art degree totally comes in handy for how much I love to mix colors opposite on the color wheel. I know, it can be scary, because they're so opposite, but basically as long as you don't go all red + green, I'm a walking Christmas tree freak on me, you're pretty much in the safe zone by tying in a complementary colored accessory. (And please, if you're ever discussing complementary colors in print, remember the difference between complement and compliment, because as an artist + writer, this is my grammatical nightmare. No seriously.)

Orange you glad I'm back?










Photography by Madison Leeseberg

No comments:

Post a Comment