Sunday, March 2, 2014

#StyleMeMarch Day 1: "My favorite color"

Anthropologie floral bolero, Target shirt, J. Crew pixie pants, tassel necklace, and bracelet, Madewell necklace, Urban Outfitters wedges and faux fur stole, Forever 21 heart necklace (similar), Revlon Wild Orchid Super Lustrous lipcolor
I've decided to participate in Hilary Rushford of Dean Street Society's March Instagram Challenge! She has created a daily inspiration guide for participants to put together new outfits. The great thing is you can participate as much or as little as you want. If you want a fresh way to look at your closet, I would love for you to join me! Please let me know if you do decide to take part in this challenge so I can see what new looks you've come up with.  Don't forget to follow me on Instagram @brittwilt. Let's get those creative style juices flowing!



As posted by Hilary, here are the no-rules rules:

1. There are no rules. Join for one day or hold yourself accountable to all 31. Whatever works best for you. But don't opt-out of this free inspiration because you've decided you have to do it perfectly! Progress over perfection, m'dear.
2. Each day let the prompt inspire you to see your closet with fresh eyes. If you don't have something that's quite right, get creative! Do the opposite, use an accessory, etc.
3. Try not to shop. If one of the prompts points out a hole in your closet that you'd really love to fill, that's one thing. But my heart is that we make better use of the closets we've already invested in, rather than an urge to buy more.
4. Snap a self-photo and share it on Instagram using #StyleMeMarch and/or elsewhere on social or your blog.
5. Encourage beauty. The Dean St bettys are one of the kindest groups on the interwebs. Be generous with your likes and your words of affirmation, sharing only positivity and words that will make one another authentically glow.


What's not to love?


Day 1: My favorite color

Obviously my favorite color is pink. Right? Apparently it's not that obvious because I don't have much of it in my wardrobe. Have no fear... Accessories are here! Pink lips, pink leopard, a pink heart charm, and some pink floral... Ahhh... Mission think pink is a go.

I wore this look last night to the grand opening of Lily & Sparrow, a perfectly adorable little boutique in Fishers. I had the opportunity to meet the owners and I could not be more impressed. There are more details on all that to come, but in the meantime, be sure to like them on Facebook and follow them on Instagram!





Photography by Britt Wilt


No comments:

Post a Comment