Tuesday, April 29, 2014

#StyleMeApril Day 11: "Matchy matchy"


Express jacket (similar), sweater (similar), jeans, booties / Anthropologie necklace / Forever 21 earrings / Gap Factory Outlet ring / Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry

I love Spring fashion because it's this transitional period where anything goes. I feel like I have a brand new wardrobe again, finding pieces I forgot about, and I can finally break out of all the bulky sweater layers. Moving toward lightweight Spring layers in soft pastels works perfectly this time of year as Mother Nature is still learning to warm up.

I'm not usually particularly "matchy matchy," but I do love neutral tone on tones. Sticking in the neutral-nude color scheme is an easy way to coordinate, but varying the shades adds dimension. A little pop of color and some metallics help to break up the continuity for a minty fresh look.






Photography by Madison Leeseberg

No comments:

Post a Comment