Thursday, April 10, 2014

#StyleMeApril Days 1-5

#StyleMeMarch came and went, and I didn't post near as much as I thought I would. Oops. Life just happened to be a bit busier than I had expected. Thankfully, the no rules-rules state that you can participate in as much or as little as you would like. Even better, my unfulfilled intentions can be redeemed in April.

Day 1: "Skirting around town"
The combination of styles in this look makes my heart happy. Bonus: Sweatshirts are comfy.

J. Crew sweatshirt, skirt, and bracelet / Target booties (I like this pair for transitioning to warmer temps) and earrings

Day 2: "Neutrals and a pop of color"
I added two pops of color. I really like the fresh white denim with the surplus shirt, but a bright color pop in the belt, along with the creamy mint shoes, tie the neutrals together to make the look something special.

J. Crew shirt, bracelet, and belt (similar) / Express jeans (similar), scarf, flats (similar), and earrings (similar)

Day 3: "Oh hello sailor"
Obviously, nothing says sailors like navy stripes. Polka dots, a preppy blazer, and a dash of coral just reinforce the vibe. And leopard cause I like it.

J. Crew shirt and blazer / J Brand jeans (similar) / Target scarf (similar) and flats (similar) / Forever 21 earrings (cute pair)

Day 4: "Day to Night"
For the day-to-night look, I used the same sweater, jeans, and jewelry for both. During the day, I layered a button-up under the sweater and wore black flats. To transition to night, I just lost the stuffy button-up and added some killer black heels. A touch of bright lipstick doesn't hurt either.

J. Crew sweater, shirt, jeans, necklace (similar) / Express flats, bracelets, and ring

Target heels (on sale!)


Day 5: "April Showers"
Shades of blue make me think of April showers, but the perfect floral accessory reminds us of better things to come.

Anthropologie sweater (I like this one) / Express jeans / Target scarf (this one is pretty) / Urban Outfitters wedges (this purple pair would work here, but the green pair is now on my wish list) / Forever 21 earrings (fun pair) and bracelet (even better than the one shown)

No comments:

Post a Comment