Wednesday, April 23, 2014

#StyleMeApril Days 6-10

Are you ready for the next set of looks for #StyleMeApril?


Day 6: "Always nabs a compliment"
I got these medallion Minnie pants in late fall/early winter, and they have been way more fun to outfit than I expected. The color and the print give me so many opportunities for different looks. Bonus: I get compliments every time I wear them. Never fails. So I think I'll just keep exploring the possibilities!

J. Crew blouse, Minnie pants, necklace, bracelet / Express flats (basic version)



Day 7: "Pretty in pastels"
I'm not usually much of a pastel person. I'm typically drawn to richer colors or neutral tones. Plus, right now my skin could seriously use a tropical vacation. Breaking the pastel color up (along with some bronzer) helped to cure my pasty woes. I can't wait for consistent sunny days to work on my tan.

J. Crew chambray shirt and necklace / Express tee (similar) / Anthropologie skirt (similar style, different color) / Urban Outfitters booties (I like these) / American Eagle hat (not similar, but I like this fedora) / Lily & Sparrow necklace



Day 8: "Jungle tribal tropics"
Jungle: Safari jacket & animal prints. Tribal: Mega jewelry in geometric shapes. Tropics: Bright floral print. Check, check, and check. I don't know that I would have previously thought to put this top with the subtle zebra print in the pants, but it seems to be a match made in heaven.

Urban Outfitters jacket (similar) / Anthropologie top (pretty, silk, and affordable) and necklace / Express jeans (plain white version), bracelet, and ring / J. Crew necklace / Dolce Vita booties (love these for Spring/Summer)



Day 9: "Pump up the volume" & Day 10: "Borrowed or thrifted"
How great is this voluminous skirt and look I put together to "borrow" from Lily & Sparrow Boutique? The skirt also comes in a coral color, which would have worked here as well, enhancing the warmer tones of the blouse instead. Untucked, the back of this top has detailing that makes it a very unique piece. It can easily be dressed up or down, and has limitless versatility with its color scheme.

Lily & Sparrow Boutique

No comments:

Post a Comment