Thursday, September 4, 2014

A reason (or two) to celebrate

J. Crew dress and necklace / Anthropologie booties (loving these) / Gigi's Cupcakes

I gave a little preview of this post on Instagram awhile back, but obviously I haven't done much blogging since then... Or Instagram posting for that matter... Real life happens to real people, right? All good distractions, but here I am a couple months later and ready to get back in the game, so I'm making this celebration two-fold. First, my brief hiatus is over because I have sincerely missed this corner of my life. The big news, however, is that a couple months ago this blog turned 1! I cannot believe it has been over one year since my first live post in this space. This was a conceptual thing much longer, and I was actively designing and working on posts a few months leading up to when it went public, but it was at that moment that I became vulnerable to you, allowed you to read and critique, and that I was able to bask in the accomplishment. I have learned so much over this year. It has already been an incredible experience. There have been a few disappointments and discouragements as well, which I have had the opportunity to grow and evolve through, but overall feedback has been so overwhelming and wonderful. Thank you so much for all of your kind words, thoughts, and suggestions. There are some seriously exciting things coming up in the future that I can't wait to share with you, but for now let's just revel in the moment.


Thanks for reading,

xo Britt

















*Also, a HUGE thank you to Gigi's Cupcakes in Fishers for not only providing delicious and beautiful cupcakes, but graciously replacing with this one after a tragic disaster of having to slam on my brakes, sending cupcakes flying through my car. They deserve a gold star for coming to the rescue. Bonus: September is Red Velvet month. So at least I'm on time for something.



Stunning photos by the wonderful Sarah Howells

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! This outfit is AMAZING and the cupcake pictures are adorable! Love this post!:)

    High Class, Low Cash
    www.highclasslowcash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Taylore! I appreciate it!

      Delete