Monday, November 9, 2015

Monday mixed prints

J. Crew blazer [similar] + necklace // Free People thermal // Lily & Sparrow Boutique pants // Anthropologie booties [I like the detailing on these]



It's been awhile since I've written a whoever told you prints don't mix, lied post, so I wanted to share this look I wore to church yesterday. Who says fashion can't be analytical? Let's break it down.

Why it works:

1. Prints of different scales. The medallion print on the pants is a much larger scale than the fine houndstooth print of the blazer. They work together instead of competing.

2. Color. The pants are neutral, as is the blazer with muted jewel tones. Keeping with the same scheme, I tied the look together using the jade thermal and neutral booties, and polished it up with a darker lip [MAC Party Line] and touch of sparkle.

Bonus round: Mix of textures and silhouettes. Slouchy silk pants + cozy thermal + refined wool blazer.

Class dismissed.








No comments:

Post a Comment