Monday, January 23, 2017

A Heavenly Father

photo by Leah Fruth
photo by Leah Fruth

One of my good friends from college came to visit us while she's in the states "to make up for not being able to be at the wedding," even though she gets a free pass because she's a missionary and winning hearts for Jesus. After sharing some major spirit bumps stories from her travels, we watched practically every second of footage we captured on our wedding day, and now I'm super sappy for these moments. Dancing with my daddy is one of my favorites of the day, along with just before we walked down the aisle and shared that time together that was just us. We cried tears of happiness and hugged. This man. He is so special. It is such a blessing to share a deep relationship with my earthly father that helps me understand the love of my Heavenly Father. 

I've been reflecting a lot on that this weekend: how truly blessed I am to experience such a wonderful family to grow up in. I don't understand why God chose me to take this path and this journey, but I am so eternally grateful. I have always made jokes about how my dad is barely a step down from Jesus because he has the purest heart of anyone I've ever known, and in how he leads his life and pursues God, but I'm realizing how his example of Christ's love has allowed me to have a better understanding of Christ's love for me. My dad, the most selfless, sacrificial man, always taking care of his family and giving himself to make others happy, is how Jesus views me and loves me as well.

It makes my heart sad that not everyone gets to experience this, and how damaging it can be to then not be able to understand the love of The Father. I'm not really sure how to express what I've been feeling, but I want to share the characteristics of my Heavenly Daddy. I want to share how whether your earthly dad loved you well, or not so well, or made mistakes, or didn't have the chance to love you at all because he wasn't there, be it by choice or not, that your Father in heaven will never let you down. He will never betray you nor harm you, and He wants even better for you than you want for yourself. That doesn't mean there aren't growing pains, or lessons to be learned, or consequences for your actions, but He wants you to experience the greatest life you were meant to live. He shows unconditional grace and mercy and forgiveness. He gives you a clean slate with Him and never holds anything against you. He builds you up when you seek His purpose, and He never, ever fails. 

He is a shoulder to cry on. He is your provider. He is compassionate. He will work ALL things for His glory and His goodness when you chase after Him. He is fulfilling and passionate. He is helpful. He is a place of rest and peace. He wants a relationship with you like you've never experienced. He desperately yearns for your conversation. 

photo by Leah Fruth


My dad has always spoiled me. He has always taken care of me. He, along with my mom, attended my games, supported me through my art degree and then a fashion degree. He provided financially, and has tried to learn fashion and retail and art and graphic design in order to comprehend my career goals and my passions. He has done everything in his power to ensure my happiness. 

Our wedding was a complete labor of love. We got married in my parents backyard, and he began keeping an extremely organized and detailed binder of catering, tent rentals, linen choices, etc. early on. I didn't even have a binder (which is probably why he knew someone was going to have to be organized). He planted flowers. So many flowers. He watered and fed them and trimmed the grass regularly and performed trial runs of what length he wanted it for the day of and how far in advance he would have to cut it to get it just right. He cleaned and cleaned. He built arches for me to cover with flowers. He and my brother could go into business hosting backyard weddings with all the work they put in leading up to the ceremony. 

This is what your heavenly father wants to do for you. He wants to prepare everything he can for your holy wedding day. This is the song (Holy (Wedding Day) by The City Harmonic) that was supposed to be played at our wedding while Champ and I took our communion. Christ loved you so much he truly did give his life for you. So that He could spend eternity with you. So that you could have life. So you could experience healing. He died so you could live. He is the resurrected King and author of salvation. He loves you more than you could ever comprehend. He is love. And even though I'm convinced I'm beyond blessed with the best earthly father ever, God is the best daddy you could ever dream of.

photo by Leah Fruth

photo by Leah Fruth

photo by Leah Fruth

photo by Leah Fruth

photo by Leah Fruth

photo by Leah Fruth

photo by Leah Fruth

photo by Leah Fruth

photo by Leah Fruth

photo by Leah Fruth

photo by Leah Fruth

photo by Leah Fruth

photo by Leah Fruth

photo by Leah Fruth

photo by Leah Fruth


No comments:

Post a Comment